Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 23:09:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.x, DES vs MD5 install feature request

Hi all,

I have a (hopefully small & easy to implement) "feature request"
for FreeBSD (4.x+), now that we have OpenSSH in the base
system:  Make an "installation option" for a choice between DES
and MD5 passwords.

Goal:  Use of MD5 even though we install the necessary things
for OpenSSH (which right now seems to default to DES).

Of course, if there is already a way to make such a choice, it
would be nice to have it documented...  (& point me to where the
FM to RT is... :)

Many thanks,

-kc