Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 20:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        david@banning.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail - masquerading user name

	I am guessing that your username on your box is not the same as the one
you use when sending out mail.  You need the FEATURE(`genericstable') in your
.mc file.  Here is the way my .mc looks ...

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `esmtp:smtp.earthlink.net')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl
FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')dnl
FEATURE(`nouucp')
MASQUERADE_AS(`earthlink.net')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

	My login is ipt and all of my outgoing mail goes out as
ipthomas_77@yahoo.com.  The gist of the file genericstable is ...

localname		newname@whatever.host.domain

	Check out www.moongroup.com and look under docs.  Much info on setting up
email.