Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:07:28 -0500
From:      Chris Corayer <CCorayer@adetech.com>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Swap space questions.

I have an old Alpha Server.  It currently has 6 disks in it.  I also have
another dual P3 system with five disks.  How many of those disks can/should
have swap space?  I recall reading in the handbook somewhere that it there
should be no more than 4.  Why not?

I've also read that the swap should not be the first partition/slice? on the
disk.  Does this apply only for the first disk with / on it, or for all of
them?

Can anyone point me to more definitive answers?

Thank you in advance.

-Christopher Corayer

Information Services

ADE Technologies