Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 13:54:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Steve Grandi <grandi@noao.edu>
To:        Mike D Tancsa <mdtancsa@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I need a strategy for making my STABLE installation stable

Now there is a thought!  Thanks, Mike, for the suggestion.

I have been running the Adaptec with "Ultra" speed enabled.  Probably worth a
try to to set 10 MBps instead of 20 (and then perhaps 8?) and see what happens.

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Mike D Tancsa wrote:

> > The hardware:  PentiumPro-200 (Venus MotherBoard), 128 MB of RAM, Adaptec
> > 2940 Ultra-Wide SCSI controller, two Seagate ST32155W 2GB disks, a
>
> Its a long shot, but I found that turning down the SCSI controller speed in
> my news server to 8 instead of 10 made a HUGE difference for me.  The problem
> was not there in the 2.1 tree but surfaced when I upgraded the machine to the
> 2.2 tree....
>
> 	---Mike

Steve Grandi, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson, Arizona USA
Internet: grandi@noao.edu  Voice: +1 520 318-8228