Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:38:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Lu Guohan <lguohan00@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The inflated snd_cwnd doesn't get retracted after TCP recovered from multiple losses (4.5-RELEASE)

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Lu Guohan wrote:

> hello,
>     I am new to hear, and I am not sure if anyone post this problem
>     before. And I am figuring out the way to post this problem by PR
>     since the web interface is not avaiable right now.
>
>     RFC2581. Below is the trace, both the sender and the receiver run
>     freebsd 4.5-RELEASE. I have many traces of this kind, it occurs
>     frequently. This may even have security problem. I am not sure if
>     this bug is fixed in later versions.

Jeffery Hsu recently fixed this problem in 4.7-stable.  If you have time,
you should update to the RELENG_4 branch and confirm that the problem goes
away for you.

Although it was a few weeks late, I do appreciate the quality of your bug
report.  Had Jeffery not already worked on the problem, your report would
have been a great help in finding a solution.  Tell us if you find any
more bugs!

Mike "Silby" Silbersack