Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 20:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /dev/mixer?

    After some headscratching (why my AWE64 wasn't being seen by 4.0-STABLE),
    I checked the BIOS setup.  Turned it from

    PNP OS  Off   to On

    and resolved part of my sound problems.

    # cat /dev/sndstat
    FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) May 13 2000 19:46:14
    Installed devices:
    pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16> at io 0x220 irq 5 drq 1:5 (1p/1r channels duplex)
    #

    which is what I'd hoped to see.  But the mixer does work.

    mixer: /dev/mixer: Device not configured

    Any clues re what I need to do to get /dev/mixer functional??

    thanks guys,

    gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix