Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:16:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with irq 9(2)?

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, David Greenman wrote:

> >Anyway, the card has a register (isrp) that has a bit that shows whether
> >or not the card can interrrupt the 8259 on its irq line.  This works for
> >the first interrupt but as soon as I enter an spl loop that bit goes
> >high, saying he can't interrupt, and never drops even after exiting the
> >spl loop.
>
>    Sounds to me like you aren't acking the interrupt in your ISR.

Could I get you to take a peek at whats going on?  The adapter spec is
at (or at least the pages on the status registers)
http://ppdbooks.pok.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/BK8R1001
/1.4.9.4
and the code for the driver is at http://anarchy.stdio.com (or you can get
to it at http://www.jurai.net/~winter/tr/tr.html).  I have been working
from the MACH source and I can't see what i'm doing wrong.

Whats got me really confused is bit 1 in the ISRP high (even) which
is called User interrupt blocked?  And worst is I can't seem to
reset it.

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com