Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:27:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 17" monitor recomendations..

    > So now I'm looking for a new 17" high-quality display. Here are my
    > ideas so far - comments/experiences welcome!
    >
    > - Nokia 447Xi
    > - ViewSonic PT775
    > - Samsung Syncmaster 700p

Have a look at the Philips Brilliance series as well. They compare very
well to the Sony models (which are cooool, or at least the 20" once they
have at work here).

www.outpost.com:

Brilliance 107 17" Color Monitor
17-inch 1600 x 1200 AUTOSCAN MONITOR

$619.25

By the way, the fact that I am Dutch and Philips as well, is purely
coincidental :-). Being Dutch I bought a cheaper one and now I feel
sorry for it.

For the record, a friend of mine has a 15" one for 4 years now and he is
very happy with it.

Nick

STA-ISIS, Joint Research Centre, Italy
building: 27A