Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:53:23 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: epson perfection v33

Hello,

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:41:26 +0300
Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Just trying to find out if anyone got Epson Perfection v33 USB scanner working
> with SANE on FreeBSD.  Or any other similar Epson scanner that requires
> proprietary drivers from Avasys under Linux.

Well, I have an Epson "all-in-one" Stylus Office BX525WD[1].
It is not connected directly to a machine, it is connected to my LAN (wireless).
The scanner part actually works quite ok under FreeBSD, the only problem is that SANE on FreeBSD
doesn't detect it automatically (it does on Linux / Xubuntu), so I have to do this like:
xsane epson2:net:10.1.161.8
gscan2pdf --device epson2:net:10.1.161.8

As I can't specify the device when using xsane as a GIMP plugin, I can't use the GIMP.

For some reason, xscanimage just core dumps:
tingo@kg-v2$ xscanimage epson2:net:10.1.161.8
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
but it also core dumps under Xubuntu. So far the people at the sane-devel mailing list hasn't
suggested anything helpful for getting xscanimage to work.

HTH