Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:43:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        rlb@mindspring.com (Ron Bolin)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current and X11R6 Signal 11

Ron Bolin said:
> I am back running current as of 1-31-98 cvsup. I am no longer
> experiencing X server
> signal 11 aborts. This is because I stopped the 2.11 version of
> xscreensaver from running.
>
> I'll have to find out which screensaver program makes the server abort
> and report back to
> see if anyone else has experienced the problem.

It might be that the screensaver just barely pushes the pageout daemon
into operation.  There is a deadlock that I now have a traceback for,
that will take more than 10mins, but less than 2Hrs to fix.  I'll probably
start working on it in a few hours.

(It is an algorithmic problem, and not a wierd timing problem, so it should
 be relatively easy to fix.)