Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:00:29 GMT
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/151747: request to enable emulators/wine on amd64

The following reply was made to PR ports/151747; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org,
 kenorb@gmail.com,
 Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:03:04 +0200

 I'm the auther of the patches referenced in this PR.  The main objective of
 those patches are to:
  - include all 32bit libraries in the package so it can run standalone in an
 amd64 system.
  - ensure all binaries have the proper library paths set (FreeBSD doesn't
 appear to realise the binaries are 32bit and uses 64bit libaries).

 I do not know of a way to build the port in an amd64 environment since FreeBSD
 does not support cross compiling from amd64 to i386.  So under amd64 the port
 is package only.

 The patches and packages are now hosted at http://mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64 .