Date:      Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:34:52 -0400
From:      Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Looking to build a router box, seeking some general advice

Greetings!

While trying to learn IPv6 as best as I can and messing with my Linksys
WRT54Gv3 router running DD-WRT, I realized that it cannot properly do
IPv6 yet. This leaves me rather limited. More then once some people on
IRC who were helping me with this suggested I build my own router, this
has been something I've been looking to do for quite some time and this
might be the fire I need lit to get motivated. The overall suggested
board was an ALIX board[1] from PC Engines[1].

This is all rather new to me so I am unsure where to go from here, what
all is needed (a breakdown of necessary/optional hardware/items). The
memory and cpu I know I could google for w/o much issue. What I foresaw
as problematic was a case for the device and a power supply. Are these
just as easily googled for? Inversely, instead of me building my own
(which would be great experience!) is there a place that sells devices
such as these pre-assembled?

The reason I direct this question here is because I do intend to use
FreeBSD as the devices OS and figured who better to ask!

[1] http://pcengines.ch/alix.htm