Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:18:42 +0200
From:      "R. Zoontjens" <beheer@radecom.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, beheer@radecom.nl
Subject:   Amavisd-new errors

Hi,

This question does not concern FreeBSD only, I know... But here it goes.

I am working on a mailserver that has antispam and antivirus
functionality. I gathered some courage and read articles at O'reilly and
Daemonnews to build-my-own. Also did some extensive Googling.

The stuff I use: Postfix + Courier-IMAP + Amavis-new + ClamAV +
Spamassassin (and probably Mimedefang). Of course on FreeBSD ;)

Postfix runs just fine. Courier Imap-ssl and pop3-ssl too.
Clamscan and Clamd are running fine.
I have amavisd running in debug mode (/usr/local/sbin/amavisd debug).

Normal mail gets scanned and all works well.
But when I send a mail with a test virus (eicar), it is recognized by
clam/amavis and the mail doesn't get trough. But I do want a
notification mail to be sent to the user. This doesn't happen.

The messages I get from Amavis debug output:

lookup: (scalar) matches, result="beheer@blabla.nl"
Apr 19 17:11:48 blabla.xs4all.nl amavisd[403]: (00403-03) TROUBLE in
check_mail: virus_or_banned quar+notif FAILED: can't build entity: no
body, and not multipart at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 4700, <GEN34>
line 79.

Looks like a perl error? I upgraded perl to 5.6.1 and recompiled Amavis
+ dependencies from ports. But I still get these errors. Running FreeBSD
4.8 - Security (using freebsd-update).

Anyone who saw this error before? I looked in the amavisd code, but that
didn't help me much.

With kind regards,

Richard Zoontjens.