Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:50:07 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>, Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/32184: Kernel crashes in ufs code

Quoting David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 01:12:36AM +0200, Roman Shterenzon wrote:
> > You're right. I wasn't paying attention. Sorry.
> > Is there any other information I can provide?
>
> Probably the most relivant info is what the network setup for the
> machine is and what is generating the heavy load which triggers
> the panic. Since free list corruption usually isn't tripped over
> until long after the corruption occurs it is difficult to diagnose
> even if you can reproduce it.
>
> 	David.

Don't know if it's relevant, but the the crash occures while trying to pass
hundreds of megabytes from the win2k machine to the freebsd machine using the
samba running on the Freebsd machine. The crash occurs very promptly.
I reproduced it right after a boot, therefor there's no long-time corruption.
he interesting point is that the crash occurs when the traffic more than 700kb/s
When there's outside traffic destined for that machine that it's 100-200kb/s
there're no crashes.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]