Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 12:16:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
Cc:        Bart Trzynadlowski <trzy@powernet.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shell problems

Here's a .zshrc that may be useful, originally from Josh
Howard.  Some entries (history stuff) may assume root is
also using zsh (my root account does, but toor uses sh).

Annelise

#PS1="%n@%m:%2c%(#.#.>) "
PS1="%m %t %6c %# "
SAVEHIST=1000
HISTFILE="$HOME/.history"
export HISTFILE
export APPEND_HISTORY=1
# Various aliases

#alias vi='vim'
alias pine='pine -l'
alias startx='startx -- -bpp 16'
# Don't spell correct mkdir or cp
alias mkdir='nocorrect mkdir'
alias cp='nocorrect cp -ip'
alias mv='nocorrect mv -i'
#alias mv='mv -i'
alias rm='rm -i'
alias ls='ls -Fa'
alias lt='ls -lrt'
alias ll='ls -l'
alias su='fc -W $HOME/.history && \su -m'
#in /root, there's a link symbolic link from .history to
#the .history file in my home directory
#alias startx='startx -- -bpp 16'

# Programmable completion. You setup a list of names you'd like to
# have complete. (heartbreaker, achilles, etc) then you have the
# programs which you'd like to complete them, by using the compctl
# program. In this case, we're completing those hosts with the
# programs "telnet, ftp, host, ncftp, ping, ssh and traceroute)
# so we could do ncftp hea<tab> and it'll compelte to heartbreaker

hosts=(elaine heartbreaker achilles flag.blackened.net ftp.cdrom.com ns.qnis.net intrastar.net obiwan.terranova.net)
compctl -k hosts telnet ftp host ncftp ping ssh traceroute

# Don't hup processes when we exit the shell
setopt nohup
# Spell correct everything
setopt correctall
# Fix ^Q and ^S
setopt noflowcontrol
# Use Emacs key bindings (^A, ^E, etc)
#bindkey -em
stty erase '^H'

export  EDITOR=vi
#export EXINIT='set ai tabstop=4'
export  PAGER=less
export  BLOCKSIZE=k
export  HISTORY=$HOME/.history
PATH=~/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/libexec:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/lib

#note this is for a 2.2.8 system without elf binaries or aout directories
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib

export LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib

# Keybindings for when I'm in the console to make home, end, del work

if [[ $TERM = "cons25" ]] {
    bindkey "\e[H" beginning-of-line
    bindkey "^?" delete-char
    bindkey "\e[F" end-of-line
    mesg n
}

# Keybindings for xterms to make the same work

if [[ $TERM = "xterm" || $TERM = "xterm-color" ]] {
    export TERM='xterm-color'
    bindkey "\e[1~" beginning-of-line
    bindkey "\e[3~" delete-char
    bindkey "\e[4~" end-of-line
    bindkey "\eOt" backward-char
    bindkey "\eOv" forward-char
    bindkey "\eOx" up-line-or-history
    bindkey "\eOw" down-line-or-history
    mesg n
}
# print rxvt : <dir> in my xterm title bar
chpwd() {
    [[ -t 1 ]] || return
    case $TERM in
    xterm-color) print -Pn "\e]2;rxvt : %~\a"
    esac
}

#--
#Josh Howard (jrh@zeppelin.net) -- http://www.zeppelin.net