Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:38:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Old KLD bug..

If I have a KLD module that has a registered dependency on some other
module,
then when I load the forst module it will load the second.
this is all well and good but it ALWYA loads it,
even when it's already in the kernel..

if kldstat can see it, then surely the loading modules should be able to
work it out.

This has been partly fixed in -current (it loads but doesn't link)
but in 3.x it actually links the new one over the existing one,
which is kinda wrong..

Is there anyone that understands this stuff that has an idea of ho to fix
this?

julian