Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 15:54:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   popping mail

I am starting finally to use fetchmail and pop my mail from the
university here, which seems to work ok.  I have one problem that I hope
someone could give me a hint as to solving.  I use ppp in -auto mode,
with fetchmail being kicked off every 30 minutes to get my mail, and pine
here on FreeBSD to read it.  Whenever I start pine, it causes ppp to dial
the university.  I don't want that to happen, particularly, unless I
actually compose and post a email.  Is there any way to stop pine from
causing the ppp line to go active?

Thanks

Chuck