Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:28:43 -0800
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        <egoitz@ramattack.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: New iso format on 9.0

Why can't you mount the disc on /mnt and then use tar after mounting the di=
sk to copy the files from /mnt to /destdir ...

tar cpf - -C /mnt . | tar xvpf - -C /destdir

That will preserve hard links, symlinks, permissions, and times (and doesn'=
t require rsync).

There are other methods involving cpio, but I find tar to be nice.
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.