Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 16:17:34 -0400
From:      Eric Perie <ericp@eicon.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LKM and libnet library

I would like  to use the libnet library with either FreeBSD 3.1 RELEASE for
forging
ethernet frames with arbitrary physical source addresses.
(testing purpose only...)

http://www.packetfactory.net/libnet/

As stated in the documentation I need to compile a new version of
if_ethersubr.c and
to load it as a LKM: BPF is overiding the physical address provided in the
packet it is
getting from the write() system call with the one of the network adapter.

I did compile the code for the KLM module successfully, I have added LKM
support in my
kernel, but modload is displaying an error message related to the format of
the ether_spoof.o file
I am trying to load.

I would like to know how either:
- what I could do for loading this KLM module with modload on FreeBSD 3.1
RELEASE ( I have the source code),
- what I should do for porting the code using the new KLD scheme.

Eric Perie