Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:16:14 +0100
From:      J.S. <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Annoying startup output

Hi.

I'm really annoyed with the amount of kernel output some daemons get spit
out on startup.

This is how it all looks on my screen. As you can see, postfix, snort and
vmware are the ones causing the noise:

#####
Local package initialization: mysqldpostfix/postfix-script: starting the
Postfix mail system
 apache dnetc openftpd rtcFeb 19 21:59:12 ninja /kernel: lnc0: promiscuous
mode enabled
 snort sshdFeb 19 21:59:18 ninja /kernel: /dev/vmmon: Module vmmon:
registered w ith major=200 minor=0 tag=$Name: build-570 $
Feb 19 21:59:18 ninja /kernel: /dev/vmmon: Module vmmon: initialized
 vmware.
#####

Postfix makes a mess even though it's not a kernel message.

Please -- somebody -- tell me how to have a clean startup? Something a la:

#####
Local package initialization: mysqld postfix apache dnetc openftpd rtc
snort sshd vmware.
#####

:-)

Regards,