Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 1996 21:58:04 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        dob@gargoyle.bazzle.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP problem with current

In article <199611292026.PAA23180@llama.bazzle.com> Dan writes:
> Where's the problem?
>
> I started getting this the other day.  Same error each time,
> just different file numbers.
>
> 	Connected to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> 	Updater failed: Updater error: Cannot create "/usr/sup/src-base/#cvs.cvsup-23114.0": File exists
>
> This is how I invoke cvsup:
>
> 	/usr/local/sbin/cvsup -L 1 -g /usr/cvs/cvsup-supfile
>
> Here is the line from my cvsup file:
>
> 	src-base release=cvs host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org hostbase=/home base=/usr prefix=/usr compress delete old use-rel-suffix tag=.

Strange.  Next time it happens, could you please send me the following info:

1.  The error message from cvsup.

2.  The output from "ls -alRF" on the directory containing the offending
    file (in this case, "/usr/sup/src-base").

3.  The user-ID and group-ID under which you run cvsup (so I can check
    for permission problems).

4.  The date & time when you started the run (so I can check the server
    logs).

5.  Your mother's maiden name.  (Just kidding.)

If it's stopped happening, please let me know that, too.

Also, if anybody else is seeing this problem, please tell me.

Thanks,
John