Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:05:40 -0500
From:      "Charles Howse" <chowse@charter.net>
To:        "'Matthew Seaman'" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Cvsup refuse confusion

> > I assure you, I have just browsed the German language handbook in
> > /usr/share/doc/~de.
> > I have not cd /usr/doc ; make install.
>=20
> Some of the stuff in /usr/share/doc comes with the system, installed
> out of /usr/src but the majority, installed under the locale specific
> sub dirs comes out of /usr/doc.
> =20
> > I never knew I had to make install in that directory, so=20
> how could that
> > have happened?
>=20
> The gory details are in:
>=20
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/=20

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a German translation available.

You'll need to install quite a few extra bits of software in order to
build the documentation.

Bingo!  The packages and ports I've installed must have installed those
docs.
Thanks!