Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:51:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port cvsup problem... (Solved)

In article <20020115190027.A5224@infocom.kh.ua>,
Aleksey Ovcharenko <alexovch@ic.kharkov.ua> wrote:
> Than trying to update doc's tree via cvs I got:

> Parsing supfile "/root/cvsup/doc-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
> Connected to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> ChannelMux.Accept failed: Connection closed
> *** Error code 1

Aleksey sent me a bunch more information about this, and I know what
the problem is.  If you install ezm3 without first removing pm3, you
end up with left-over Modula-3 shared libraries from the pm3 port.
These get used instead of the proper static libraries which come
with ezm3.  There are some incompatibilities between the libraries,
and these cause the problems people are seeing.

If you are seeing problems with cvsup-16.1f, run "ldd
/usr/local/bin/cvsup".  It should not list any Modula-3 libraries.
You can recognize them because they are all under "/usr/local/lib/m3".

The solution is: pkg_delete all pm3-* ports, the ezm3 port, and the
cvsup port.  Then "rm -rf /usr/local/lib/m3" if it is present.  Then
rebuild and install the cvsup port.

I will see if I can fix the ezm3 port so that it ignores left-over
Modula-3 shared libraries.  No guarantees, though.  To be safe you
have to pkg_delete all other Modula-3 ports before installing it.

John
--
  John Polstra