Date:      Sat, 4 Jun 2011 19:15:30 -0400
From:      Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.org Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Partitioning with gpart or old style slices?

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Erik N=F8rgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org> wro=
te:
> - or any problems (problems as in I've never tried that before) - using
> gpart instead of the "old" scheme?

Sorry for the double post, but the only problem that I've encountered
is after creating a encrypted provider with geli(8), that provider
cannot be partitioned using the GPT scheme.  You can still partition
it using gpart(8), but the scheme must be BSD or MBR.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or just the way GPT partitions
work, but it is not that big of a problem unless you want to have very
large encrypted providers that are GPT scheme partitions.