Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 1995 01:06:53 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pilot error on my part or feedback on the 2.1 snap

> I've tried quite a few different ways through the menus, but one thing
> that's confounded me more than once was, when trying to (W)rite the
> disklabel, to have it tell me that I have to label the disk in order
> to complete this operation. Now this seems confusing when I'm in
> disklabel, trying to disklabel the disk, to have it tell me I need to
> label the disk in order to label the disk. :-)

Hmmmmm.  I may have spazzed..  Let me take a look at this!

> But even more confounding is, when it finally seems willing to write
> the label, to have the kernel panic with the message "biodone: buffer
> not busy", sync the disk and reboot. So far this has happened several
> times and I have been otherwise unsuccessful in installing.

Woops!  That's no good!  I wonder what's going on HERE..

> Is this somehow a pilot error or should I fall back to 2.0.5?

Why not fall back for now?  I'll have another snapshot for you shortly
that goes FAR beyond the last 2.1 snap and I'd much rather be finding
the bugs in that one..  Not that I'm not interested in the other bugs,
but if we're going to try to work through what looks to be a fairly
evil set of problems, let's try to do it with more recent bits.

					Jordan