Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:07:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Ben Lutgens <blutgens@sistina.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: configuring wavelan card in laptops

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 01:04:59PM -0500, Jim Durham wrote:
> >On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Ana Romero wrote:
> >
> >> It seems like there isnt any slot on... I dont know. Could
> >> you help me??
> >>

> >I believe you will have to upgrade to at least 4.1 to
> >get the support for that card. I'm not totally sure of
> >that, but that's what I remember.
> >
> Not to mention tweaking pccard.conf, and your kernel.
> This URL will help.
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/bsd/2000/11/02/Big_Scary_Daemons.html
> then search www.google.com/bsd for wicontrol, wavelan or somesuch.
> --

What I could not remember was if the Wavelan was the same as
the Lucent Orinoco. Apparently it is. The Orinoco works
on my 4.1 laptop OK. I believe I had to move the interrupt
to 10 only.

IE; at the top of the config file:

io  0x240-0x360

irq  10

memory  0xd4000   96k

and ... at the device entry

card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
	config  0x1  "wi"
        insert /etc/pccard_ether $device
	remove /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

Hope this helps..