Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 21:55:22 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VAIO Z505 SuperSlim Pro and Serial Ports ...

I'm trying to use my serial port on my VAIO as serial console for my
desktop, so that I can debug a hanging ... this thing has a 'replicator
bar' that has a serial port on it, as well as a builtin modem ... if I
connect, with kermit, to cuaa0, the machine hangs ... if I try to connect
to cuaa1, it tells me that its not configured ...

So, which port is which?

dmesg shows:

sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 8250
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

I'm running 4.2-RELEASE right now, and am currently upgrading to
4.2-STABLE, if that makes any difference?

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org