Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 14:08:42 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, arch@freebsd.org, peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/include search.h Makefile src/lib/libc/stdlib tdelete.c tfind.c tsearch.3 tsearch.c twalk.c Makefile.inc

[btw, SUSv2 can be found at http://www.opengroup.com, among other
 things]

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 10:19:19AM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> part 2)
> repo copy the files insque.3 insque.c lsearch.3 lsearch.c and remque.c
> from src/lib/libcompat/4.3/ into src/lib/libc/stdlib and fixup the
> Makefiles.

 SUSv2 says:
     insque, remque          --- stdlib.h
     lsearch                 --- search.h

> part 4)
> remove bsearch from search.h (it's already in stdlib.h)

 SUSv2 says:
     bsearch                 --- stdlib.h

And as previously stated, tsearch goes in <search.h>.

This seems dumb.  I would expect [bhlt]search, at least, to all be in
<search.h>...  bsearch seems to be odd man out.
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / nectar@FreeBSD.org