Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:25:38 -0700
From:      David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        danny@cs.huji.ac.il, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 Developer Preview #1 Now Available / diskless booting

Danny,

What do you think about doing a little more polishing and rolling a new
set of patches taking this /etc/rc.conf option into account?  Your kernel
env dhcp variables are really good.  I know that many do want to do what
you are doing (large scale RO /); but up until now /etc/rc.diskless* has
not been well engineered.