Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:15:04 +0900
From:      Osamu MIHARA <mihara@prd.fc.nec.co.jp>
To:        mdavis@cts.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0-stable + SMP + fxp = device timeout

At Wed, 29 Mar 2000 01:01:27 -0800,
Morgan Davis <mdavis@cts.com> wrote:

> The subject says it all.  Is this a known problem with SMP and the fxp
> driver? (Checked 4.0 errata and searched the mailing lists -- didn't see
> anything).

I have a problem on running SMP kernel on a machine with fxp, but I'm
not sure if it's related to the problem you're facing.

My problem is that while booting SMP kernel (4.0-STABLE), it hangs up
after displaying information about sio ports.  Even if I configured
the kernel removing sio device (and some other devices), the
phenomenon is still the same.  I'm not trying to remove the fxp driver
from the kernel yet...
--
  Osamu MIHARA // NEC Printers Division