Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 00:47:22 +0200
From:      "Ragnar Nielsen" <ragnar.nielsen@idcomnet.no>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installing and Running PostgreSQL

[jfreeze@lexmark.com]
> I installed pgaccess and found it in /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pgaccess.
>
> When I try to run it I get `pgaccess: Command not found`.
> (The path is set and it should be accessible.)
>
> Is this due to the tcl/tk dependency. I am unfamiliar with any specific
> requirments for this to work.

Probably. I remember changing this myself in order to make things work.
I don't remember if it was pgaccess or some other utility, and I don't
have a copy of the original files to compare.

pgaccess is a script. The first line (in my copy at least, see above)
reads:

#!/usr/local/bin/wish8.0

which exists on my system, and the program appears to start normally
(I've only got a tty connection to the machine at the moment; no
X display, so I cannot check further). The 'Command not found' error
message means that you do not have the dependant version of wish
installed, find out which version you do have and change this line
accordingly. Or you could install the correct version, if you could find
out where to find it.

Ragnar

--
Ragnar Nielsen