Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2001 01:21:00 +0900
From:      Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewire driver available

I have uploaded the updated driver at:

ftp://ftp.uec.ac.jp/pub/firewire/beta/firewire-bsd-5.0-20010903

Note that this driver is an as-is basis code, so there is no document for
users. Although the kernel patch includes a  file name as "sbp.c", this
code does not support any firewire disk devices. This code is only a
sample for "firewire" bus. Also, this driver only support OHCI1394
compliant chipset, since I think 1394 I/F card are being converged to
OHCI series, and it is not easy to get other chipset cards.

Anyway, I would like to know whether my implementation direction
would be acceptable for FreeBSD folks or Not.