Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 15:04:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tony Li <tli@jnx.com>
To:        dennis@etinc.com
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as T1 router

   My provider could be lying to me...but I doubt it since hes an old
   colleague.

Doesn't mean he's lying.  Could be that he's just doing something wrong...
Could be a software or hardware problem.  We have no data.

   >Your generalizations are showing.

   And its not a "generalization", its a specific example to illustrate my
   point. The thing pigs out without being near to its published capacity....

Like any other sophisticated technology, it can be misused.  We do know
what a 7000 can do.  What you describe is well below what it can and has
done.  But, given the appropriately broken configuration (e.g., trying to do
X.25 at 4Mbps), well above what the worst case.

   Your bias is showing.

Yes, but a bias for truth is not one that I mind having or showing.  ;-)

Tony