Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2001 11:16:13 -0700
From:      "Matthew Wilhelm" <fl4it@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with booting...

Hello, I have been trying to work with linux for a while now but no luck.  I
have an old Pentium 75Mhz computer with 32Mb of ram.  It has 2 hard drives,
a 1Gb and a 3Gb.  A while bafck I had windows 95 on it and got the old
"Operating System not found" error.  I decided to work with linux, I bought
redhat 6.2 but it didn't work with my nic.  I downloaded the iso for
Mandrake 8.0 and it gave me a really weird error.  I had been wanting to
work with FreeBSD because friends have suggested it to me and so I
downloaded the iso file and burned it to a cd.  I made the disks and have
installed it 3 times.  The problem is, after I'm done installing and reboot
the computer, it starts up and I get the mandrake start up screen.  I'm
wondering, what option do I have to select for BSD to take over my whole
computer and start up automatically.  With Redhat I had a boot disk, but I
don't want that.  I just want it to boot up like windows does.  I don't have
anything else on the 2 hard drives so I'm trying to right over everything.
For the Master Boot Record I have chosen BootMgr and Standard but neither of
those work.  Can you help me?  Again, all I get now is the Mandrake startup
screen but it doesn't do anything.  I just want to be able to boot straight
into FreeBSD like windows.  Thank you again for your time and help!

-Matthew Wilhelm