Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 20:11:02 +0000
From:      rjent <rjent@rjent.pair.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Strobe question.

Greetings,

I am wanting to scan our office classB network for various things like
maybe:

Joe running a web server from his desk machine on the intranet with
malicious info on it.

Unsuspecting windoze machines running products like BO (port 31337
defualt install).

I have currently installed Strobe and from what little I understand it
is very slick!  I am just having trouble figuring out a couple of
things:

1.)  How to specify a range of ip's to scan from the command line.  For
now I have genreated a list in a file of all ip's I am wanting to scan
and using the -i option, but am curious if this can be done direct from
the command line.?

2.)  I am a bit fuzzy as well on how  to check for every prot number say
from 21 to 30000.
I have tried the -b 21 -e 30000 but think it may skip some numbers.

an example I have a machine  that if I try:

strobe -b 21 -e 125 xxx.xxx.xxx.125  I get nothing back on port 110.

but if i type:

strobe -b 110 -e 125 xxx.xxx.xxx.125 then I get feedback from port 110
saying the pop3  is running and ok.

I am wanting to check every possible number in a range and I am
confused.  Can someone help?

Thanks!

--
http://www.rjent.pair.com