Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:45:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        digital@www2.shoppersnet.com (Howard Lew)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pulling email addresses from freebsd lists

Howard Lew wrote:

> It appears to me that some users subscribed to the freebsd mailing lists
> are pulling email addresses from message writers here and then using
> those email addresses to send junk email.

This is true and this is not the first time and it happenes more and more.

I'd vote to disable majordomos feature to send out the complete list of
memebers, its useless for the normal user anyway.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
                    "Those who can, do. Those who can't, talk.