Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:00 +0100
From:      plamendp@bgstore.com
To:        andrew@ugh.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: telnet connection refused from IP outside subnet

I am totaly confused. First, I should mention I am not an expert - firewalls, natd, inetd, DNS, etc. are 'terra incognita' ... almost .. for me.. :-)

Well, I turned on inetd logging ( options are -wWl ).

Just to recall: my server IP is 193.68.22.2.

When I telnet from IP 193.68.22.2 (i.e. localhost), for example, I see the [inetd] log messages in the log file. However, if I telnet from some other IP, 212.50.31.21 for example, there are NO logging activity in the log file. NONE! Zero!

Could it be some firewall issue ? On some other machine among the ISP's LAN (the server is plugged-in in an ISP LAN) ?

As I say, I am totaly confused ?

Sorry for the flood of questions, but I just got a 24h internet connection from another ISP, different from the one where my server is collocated.  The price etc is good and I would like to be able to connect to my machine... Yes, I use ssh, it works fine, but ...

plamen.