Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:02:33 +0200
From:      "Youngman, Neil" <Neil_Youngman@NAI.com>
To:        "'doc@freebsd.org'" <doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD FAQ - Incorrect answer

The answer to the question "Q: How do I access the virtual consoles from X?"
is incorrect, at least misleading, for FreeBSD 3.4

It says "you may use only the Alt- function key to switch to another virtual
terminal or back to X Window. You do not need to also press the Ctrl key."

I read that as meaning that to get back to an X session on virtual console 1
I just need to use Alt-F1. That does not work. Alt-F1 just gives me the
underlying text console with messages from the X session. To get the X
session itself back I have to use Ctrl-Alt-F9!

Neil Youngman