Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 10:43:34 +0800 (WST)
From:      Terry Dwyer <tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Embedded SCSI controller on HP netserver LC

I've been offered the chance to upgrade my hardware at work from a tired
old 486DX33 16MB ram to a new machine.  This could well be a HP Netserver
LC (P100).

I have some reservations about this machine, the main one being to do with
the embedded SCSI controller, (an aha7770 I've been told), on the EISA
bus, this is even though the machine has a PCI bus.

Does anyone know if the embedded controller is, in fact a 7770 or has
someone made a typo, should it be a 7870 (please yes!)

I've looked at the FAQ and the handbook (on minnie) and it says only 7870
controllers are supported.  Is this up to date info?

Apart from the above, I'm also not very impressed by the SCSI controller
being attached to the EISA, not the PCI bus.

If anyone could help me out with this I would be most appreciative, I
have to talk the boss around to speccing my own (ASUS 2940W) machine ASAP.

   _-_|\    Terry Dwyer 	  E-Mail: tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au
  /     \   System Administrator  Phone: +61 9 491 5161     Fax: +61 9 221 2631
  *_.^\_/   Telecom Australia     Telstra Corporation       MIME capable mailer
       v    Perth  WA                 ( I do not speak for Telstra or Telecom )