Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 17:27:02 GMT
From:      Sovereign <gag@nemesis.hostage.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   arplookup

Greetings,

I just recently compiled a new kernel for my FreeBSD-3.0 box,
doing that I noticed that a new driver had been shipped for
the 3com etherlink card I have installed, no problem there.

after booting the system, I get this kernel message:
arplookup 193.4.194.5 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 193.4.194.58 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 193.4.194.3 failed: host is not on local network

for several system on my network, though they are all local
but we are running two IP networks, that is 193.4.194. and
then 194.105.245. which this Freebsd system is using

is there any procedure that I could to to limit these messages

sincerely
Gestur A. Grjetarsson