Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 23:54:51 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "Charles Anderson" <caa@columbus.rr.com>, "Marc van Woerkom" <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-arch@FreeBSD.ORG" <FreeBSD-arch@FreeBSD.ORG>, "FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG" <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, "grog@sydney.worldwide.lemis.com" <grog@sydney.worldwide.lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: -e option to umount?

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:06:52 +0000, Charles Anderson wrote:

>/usr/ports/sysutils/eject
>
>On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 02:09:44AM +0200, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
>> > SGIs and SUNs use an 'eject' command for CDs and DAT tapes.

Whether as a separate command or as part of umount this is
certainly something worth having by default.
In particular new users may be a while before they find
ports/packages or will just end up in the questions list.

Also speaking from my own experience I would have expected
something like this to be part of the system and would have
never even looked for a port.

Francisco