Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 09:39:56 -0700
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@checker.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   newpcm and sb driver

Regarding all the trouble people have been having getting their
cards detected with newpcm, I had to make a change to my kernel
config for it to find my soundblaster 16, non-pnp.

this does not detect my card:
device      pcm0 at isa? port ? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

this does:
device      pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

pcm0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa0

Hope this helps...
--
we are but packets in the internet of life