Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 18:30:46 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ported the Harvest WWW proxy & caching server cached 1.4, SPEEDY !!!

>  * Here is the port of a really fast WWW caching and proxy server.
>
> Thanks, imported!

You're welcome ;-)

>  * And here the port:
>
> Excellent work,

Oh, thanks.

> the only thing I really needed to change was the
> patches that had the gcc options hard-coded.

Uh yeah, I looked around and didn't get the clue how to
tweak configure, to accept other CFLAGS than -g ...

I had the feeling, that some changes weren't done
when Makefile is being build from Makefile.in.

> That can be easily
> changed to take values from /etc/make.conf (since this program doesn't
> use gmake, all make's will read this file).  Take a look at the new
> patch-ac, all you need to do is to change "CFLAGS=..." to
> "CFLAGS+=...".

I'll do that ! Well done Satoshi ! ;-)

And ... what about cached's performance ?!?! Isn't it _really_
dramatically blindly fast ?!?!?! ! ;-)

> Satoshi

	Andreas ///

--