Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:01:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting gnome... (fwd)

Ray asked me to post  this...

-jonathon

The standard way to start gnome is to put the line
exec gnome-session
in your xinitrc. Unfortunately, this doesn't work well since the
installer puts some of the files in the worong place. You need to do
this:
cd /usr/share/gnome/gnome/
cp -Rp * ..

and then it will work. I still can't get the gnome-terminal to work,
though... It dies as it starts  due to "unable to fork: interrupted
system call"

If you could forward this to the questions list, I'd be grateful. I
can't get mail through to them and it seems I'm the only one who
figured this out. Thanks.

--
Ray Kohler <rjk191@psu.edu>