Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:52:06 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        dave <dmehler22@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel module.

* dave <dmehler22@earthlink.net> [000710 19:14] wrote:
> Hello,
>     Is there any documentation on making a fbsd kernel module or
> a way to do it? I've got a linux supported special device with a
> kernel module and I was wondering if somehow I could bring it to
> fbsd?

Please wrap lines at 70 characters.

You can find sources for various loadable drivers here:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev

take a look at the 'amr' and 'xl' directories for some examples.

FreeBSD also comes with some documentation for writing device drivers:

man -k device

ought to give you a start.

-Alfred