Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 06:40:48 -0500
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   xpm port - SHLIBs problem?

I've been having problems with the /usr/ports/graphics/xpm port
for the past few weeks.  Tonight I decided to try and figure it out,
but had no luck.

If I try and install any port that depends on xpm, I wind up with
the following error:

===>    Verifying install for Xpm.4 in /usr/ports/graphics/xpm
===>   Returning to build of gnomelibs-1.2.4
Error: shared library "Xpm.4" does not exist
*** Error code 1

Stop in /shared/ports/x11/gnomelibs.
*** Error code 1

I've pkg_delete'd xpm, tried "make deinstall" then "make reinstall"
from /usr/ports/graphics/xpm, with no luck.  "make clean" and then
"make install" (or "make reinstall") do not help.  I also tried
setting FORCE_PKG_REGISTER.  No luck.

I've removed /usr/ports/graphics/xpm and re-updated it with cvs, with
the same results.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the INSTALLS_SHLIB
change to bsd.ports.mk.  From my looking at bsd.ports.mk and
the xpm makefile, things look OK, but I've looked at so many things
too many times, so I'm probably blind to what the problem is by now.
I've gone to /usr/src/share/mk and done a "make install", and verified
that the files in /usr/ports/Mk are the current versions.

I'm running about a 1 month old 5.0-current.  I'm going to try a
make world when I go to bed in a little while to see if that helps.

Any help would be very very appreciated!

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org or mpp@mppsystems.com