Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:48:29 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Samuel Chow <cyschow@shaw.ca>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/36727: Mail chapter of Handbook is incomplete

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 10:10:00AM -0700, Samuel Chow wrote:

> > We only include 1 paragraph on MUAs in the mail chapter of the FreeBSD
> > Handbook.  This is very valuable information that new users need.  We
> > should add at least 5 pages talking about installation and usage of
> > Mutt, Pine, fetchmail, the concepts of local Unix mailboxes vs POP3 /
> > IMAP.  Available IMAP clients for FreeBSD.  Pointer to the SSH
> > tunnelling section for these insecure protocols, etc..
>
>     Hey, I run fetchmail, qmail, mailfilter, and courier-imap
>     on the server side, and I use Outlook Express (for my wife)
>     and sylpheed on the client side.  Maybe I know a thing or
>     two about this mail business.  Not that I am a good writer
>     or anything, but I am willing to try.

In general, to any lurkers on the list:

If you provide content, we will provide grammar, syntax, and all the
other things that make a document.

We do appreciate it if you use ispell, though, so we know which are
legitimate tech terms and which are misspellings.

In my Copious Free Time, of which I have none, I've been starting to
touch up the language in the existing docs.  Don't sweat it too much.

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
my FreeBSD column: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons