Date:      Sun, 03 Dec 1995 14:03:51 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Rafael Pelayo <rpelayo@calypso.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PSM identified in sysctl hardware table

> to my company (GSI Limited). This is only to protect us as we are looking
> at releasing a distribution of the FreeBSD OS sometime in early to mid 1996.

Oh?  May I ask whether or not you intend to work actively with the
project in doing so, or is this is a purely commercial venture?

In either case, it might be worth everyone's while to try and
incorporate any changes as cooperatively as possible.  There's
certainly no need to fractionalize the *BSD world any further if we
can possibly avoid it!

> The blurb is the basic BSD notice with the addition that the redistribution
> is restricted to this code, and no code we may change in psm.c and not place
> under the general redistribution. Does anybody have a problem with this ?

I'm not sure I understand it, is the problem.  I don't understand the
conditions imposed by clause 1 and I'm not sure what you're getting at in
clause 2.  Could you perhaps clarify this?

						Jordan