Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 23:11:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Final request for help with release.  (DPT boot floppy)

Hi Jaye Mathisen;  On 21-Aug-97 you wrote:

>  And then I'll just go back to solaris which works :)
>
>  I have managed to fix the various syntax errors and such, and build a
>  boot
>  floppy.  It boots, and runs, and gets to sysinstall, however, I am
>  unable
>  to either run fixit or install, because it's unable to create any
>  directories, ... no space left on device.
>
>  I've massaged doFS.sh, and dropped FSINODES from 10000 to 8000 to get
>  more
>  inodes, but nothing seems to help.
>
>  I'm running out of ideas.
>
>  Any help appreciated.

The only way I know to create a boot floppy (and they work, trust me :-) is
really ugly:

*  Start make release
*  Tail -f the output.
*  Once you see that the entire sys directory checked out from CVS, do:

    cd /usr/src/sys;cat DPT.LIST | cpio -dmpv /wherever/usr/src/sys

* Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Simon