Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 03:31:15 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        Jamie Jones <jamie@host-997.news.landeg.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Opera press release

--ABTtc+pdwF7KHXCz

On 2002-09-30 16:44, Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:18:21PM +0100, you wrote:
> > > I believe you can use the license for the FreeBSD version too :).
> >
> > In light of these 2 threads, I'd like to ask what the advantage of
> > a FreeBSD version is (from a technical, not a PR point of view..
> > obvious its great PR news), and why Opera have decided to release
> > a native FreeBSD version ?
>
> My point of view:
> 	- it runs faster (about 15-20%);
> 	- it can use native shared libs of QT, which is good becuase of
> 	  ability to do clean upgrades of QT.

Add to this that the Linuxulator is something I never install, because
of the huge download time involved, and you have another reason why a
native port is Great News(TM).

There is no need to download an extra multi-megabyte port, just to
take advantage of Opera's nice features.

Giorgos.

--ABTtc+pdwF7KHXCz

--ABTtc+pdwF7KHXCz--